Fred Pojezny was born in Oklahoma City in 1920 and attended Oklahoma State University. America entered World War II during Pojezny’s last year at and he left college shortly before graduation to enlist in the Navy, spending the war years aboard the U.S.S. Prometheus and as part of a camera party in Norfolk (he received his diploma in 1943 while in the Navy).
After the war, he reconnected with his former college classmate R. Duane Conner, and they formed Conner & Pojezny in 1946. Soon after they teamed up, the two men found quite a bit of work in Oklahoma's post-war boom economy. They began work with Edmond's University of Central Oklahoma, then known as Central State College, constructing the Y-Chapel of Song (now on the National Register of Historic Places), the Fine Arts building, and the former Student Union building - as well as different school buildings around Oklahoma City. One of their home designs was featured in House Beautiful magazine in 1952. Their Mid-Continent News Building - now torn down - was featured in several architectural magazines, including one in France. In 1955 the firm received its most ambitious assignment - from Conner and Pojezny's own church. The First Christian Church went through a number a redesigns and it was during this time that the two partners decided to go their separate ways.
Upon the dissolution of the firm nine years later, he started his own firm and designed and developed various shopping centers around town until his retirement in 1982. He died in 1999.
Glasgow House, Edmond
Student Union, Univerisity of Central Oklahoma, Edmond
Y-Chapel of Song, Univerisity of Central Oklahoma, Edmond
Mid-Continent News Building, Oklahoma City
Buildings on the First Christian Church campus, Oklahoma City
Associated Glass Building, Oklahoma City
Sallis House, Nichols Hills
French Market Mall
Lynne Rostochil, okcmod.com